A self-assessment of potential COVID-19 symptoms is encouraged prior to arriving to the worksite. You will be restricted from volunteering if you have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Developed symptoms associated with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Been advised to quarantine within the last 10 days
- Been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 or more total minutes over a 24-hour period) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has had symptoms in the last 5 days
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel and reschedule your volunteer shift.
As of February 1, 2022, the following individuals are required to be up-to-date for COVID-19 vaccinations* and must be prepared to show proof of vaccination (except where such a requirement is prohibited by applicable law and subject to the exemptions outlined below):
- All current or future employees, AmeriCorps members, interns, and key volunteers (Construction Regulars, ReStore Rockstars, Return-to-Work program volunteers) who need, are required or desire to enter any San Diego Habitat facility (including, without limitation, offices, warehouses, worksites and ReStores, offsite business), or when interaction with the public or travel are required on San Diego Habitat business.
- All employees and essential volunteers who in the course of their work responsibilities come into contact with other employees or volunteers, other organizations, or the public.
*“Up-to-date” for COVID-19 vaccinations
For purposes of this policy, ‘up-to-date’ means having received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been fully approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or approved by FDA under Emergency Use Authorization plus applicable waiting time. As of January 26, 2022, this is defined as having met all of the following:
- It has been at least 2 weeks since you received your second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna) or after a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen).
- However, If more than more 6 months has passed since you received your second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer or Moderna) or more than 2 months from a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen), one booster is required to be considered current and up-to-date.
Face coverings are voluntary indoors at SDHFH workplaces while the county is experiencing low community level of COVID-19 as established by the County Public Health Officer. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 are required to wear a mask. During times of high or severe community infection rates, San Diego Habitat will require the use of N95 or equivalent respirators. San Diego Habitat will provide these face coverings. Face coverings must:
- Completely cover the nose and mouth;
- Be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source);
- Be secured to the head with ear loops, or ties/elastic that go behind the head.
- Be replaced every day or throughout the day if it becomes dirty, moist or no longer fits properly.
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Services Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.