The continued health and safety of our staff and volunteers is of the utmost concern to us.
We are thoughtfully considering our response to this fluid situation. Here you’ll find the most up-to-date information regarding San Diego Habitat operations and procedures in response to COVID-19.
All three ReStore locations are currently open for business, with limited hours of operation. ReStores are open for shoppers Tuesday through Saturday, 10am to 4pm to allow for thorough cleaning of shared surfaces before opening and after closing.
We are following local, state, and CDC public health protocols to protect the health and safety of our customers and our staff. As such, please plan to follow these guidelines when shopping ReStore:
- If you have a fever or are ill, please plan to visit us at a later date when you are well.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between you and other customers/staff.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
And remember, you can still shop ReStore online and take advantage of inter-store item transfer and in-store pickup.
If you’d like your items picked up, please request an appointment online or call our donation hotline at (619) 241-2221. Our trucks are often scheduled several weeks out. Thank you for your patience!
If you need pickup of a commercial donation, please start here.
If you’d prefer to drop off your donations, you can do so during business donation hours — Tuesday through Saturday, 10am-3pm. Please note that acceptance of items is at staff’s discretion and may depend on current space, inventory, and what we are able to resell. We recommend getting in touch to make sure we are able to accept your items before bringing them in. Peruse our donation guidelines and call (619) 241-2221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get guidance from staff.
As of June 1, 2021, we are welcoming back individuals and groups to the construction sites and ReStores. Please sign up for an orientation here.
A self-assessment of potential COVID-19 symptoms is encouraged prior to arriving to the worksite. You will be restricted from volunteering if you have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Developed symptoms associated with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Been advised to quarantine within the last 10 days
- Been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 or more total minutes over a 24-hour period) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has had symptoms in the last 5 days
Please let us know as soon as possible if you need to cancel and reschedule your volunteer shift.
Face coverings are voluntary indoors at SDHFH workplaces while the county is experiencing low community level of COVID-19 as established by the County Public Health Officer. People with symptoms, a positive test, or exposure to someone with COVID-19 are required to wear a mask. During times of high or severe community infection rates, San Diego Habitat will require the use of N95 or equivalent respirators. San Diego Habitat will provide these face coverings. Face coverings must:
- Completely cover the nose and mouth;
- Be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source);
- Be secured to the head with ear loops, or ties/elastic that go behind the head.
- Be replaced every day or throughout the day if it becomes dirty, moist or no longer fits properly.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bagged lunch
- Plenty of water
- Hand sanitizer (if you have it)
- Work gloves (if you have it)
AS ALWAYS, REMEMBER TO WEAR
- Closed-toed shoes
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty or painted
- Layers for fluctuating weather
- Optional: hat, sunscreen, and sunglasses for outdoors
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Services Team at email@example.com.
Visiting the Administrative Offices
Our administrative offices remain closed to the public. Select staff have very limited access to the building, following strict safety protocols.
- If you are a homeowner who usually pays your mortgage in person, please contact Jenny Marovich to make arrangements.
- If you are a vendor needing to deliver something, please make arrangements with your Habitat contact.
Get the latest updates on all things Habitat, including COVID-related news, by subscribing to our newsletter.