VOLUNTEER SITE ENTRY
Before entering the site, site staff will:
- Ensure you are wearing your face mask/covering
- Conduct a symptoms screening and testing (if applicable)
- If applicable, verify vaccination status
- Check you in through our volunteer website
When you arrive at the worksite or ReStore, a Habitat staff member will conduct a symptom screening, but a self-assessment prior to arriving is encouraged. You will be restricted from volunteering if you have:
- Tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 10 days
- Developed symptoms associated with COVID-19 within the last 10 days
- Been advised to quarantine within the last 10 days
- Been in close contact (within 6 feet for 15 or more total minutes over a 24-hour period) with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has had symptoms in the last 5 days
If you have decided to postpone your volunteer shift, please let us know as soon as possible.
Effective May 19, 2022, San Diego Habitat will require the following individuals to take a rapid antigen test for COVID-19 (provided at not cost by San Diego Habitat) upon arrival, prior to the start of work and after a symptom screening, in order to work on any indoor San Diego Habitat site:
- Members of a volunteer group
- Court-Mandated volunteers
- Those volunteering on a non-regular basis
- Future homeowners and their friends and family performing sweat equity, unless they have provided San Diego Habitat with proof of up-to-date vaccination as defined by the Center for Disease Control and the San Diego County Public Health Officer.
- Staff members and individuals that volunteer on a regular basis who have been identified as or who have attested to be a close contact of an individual who has tested positive (or suspected to be positive) for COVID-19 within the last 10 days. Volunteers who have been a close contact within the last 5 days are restricted from San Diego Habitat worksites.
San Diego Habitat for Humanity ReStore Managers, Construction Site Supervisors, and management reserve the right to identify and take action to mitigate any reasonably determined compromise to the safety of the staff, volunteers and customers.
Effective February 1, 2022, the following individuals are required to be up-to-date for COVID-19 vaccinations (except where such a requirement is prohibited by applicable law and subject to the exemptions outlined below):
- All key volunteers (Construction Regulars, ReStore Rockstars, Return-to-Work program volunteers) who are involved on a regular basis who would like to enter any San Diego Habitat facility (including, without limitation, offices, warehouses, worksites and ReStores).
- All future new construction homeowners, their family and friends performing sweat equity at any San Diego Habitat sites, new construction site, home repair site, ReStore or offices that would like to opt out of the daily testing requirement.
- As of February 1, 2022, up-to-date for COVID-19 vaccinations is defined as having received:
- The primary series of a vaccine (one-dose or two-dose) and a booster OR
- The second dose of a two-dose series (Moderna or Pfizer) at least 2 weeks ago but no more than 6 months ago OR
- A single dose of a one-dose series (Johnson and Johnson/Janssen) at least 2 weeks ago but no more than 2 months ago
All individuals are required to wear a face covering when indoors at all times and when outdoors while working within 6 feet of another individual. During times of high or severe community infection rates, San Diego Habitat will require the use of N95 or equivalent respirators by all applicable individuals listed above. San Diego Habitat will provide these face coverings. Face coverings must:
- Completely cover the nose and mouth;
- Be made with two or more layers of a breathable fabric that is tightly woven (i.e., fabrics that do not let light pass through when held up to a light source);
- Be secured to the head with ear loops, or ties/elastic that go behind the head.
- Be replaced every day or throughout the day if it becomes dirty, moist or no longer fits properly.
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Services Team at email@example.com.