VOLUNTEER IN THE RESTORE
The Habitat ReStores in Kearny Mesa, National City, and Escondido offer many volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups. We'll find the task that is perfect for you!
Whether it's an entire day or just a few hours, one person, or a large group, the ReStore is a great place for volunteers to help support affordable housing efforts! Proceeds from the ReStore help build homes right here in San Diego County!
Volunteers can assist in the following ways:
- Assisting truck driver on donation pickup routes
- Assisting ReStore customers
- Organizing and merchandising donations
- Administrative tasks
- Light construction projects
For more details about ReStore volunteer opportunities, please read these job descriptions.
If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years old to volunteer at the Restore.
- Volunteers aged 14-17 must bring a Minor Permission Form signed by a parent/guardian.
- Groups with any volunteers aged 14 or 15 must bring 1 chaperone for every 5 volunteers under 16.
- Individual volunteers aged 14 or 15 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
For those volunteers under 16 years old, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a youth activity.
DAY AT A GLANCE
- Full day (10am - 6pm) and half day (10 am – 2 pm OR 2 pm – 6 pm) shifts are available and are flexible to fit your schedule.
- ReStore volunteer days are Tuesday – Sunday (closed Monday).
- No experience is required!
- The day begins with an orientation and tour of the ReStore.
- Wear closed toed shoes and comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- ReStore warehouses aren’t heated or cooled, so dress accordingly.
- Pack your own lunch and bring a water bottle.
- Tools and safety equipment are provided if needed.
- Learn more about what you can do at the ReStore – and how to do it safely! Please take the time to watch this safety video.