Volunteers are the heart of the ReStores and there are plenty of volunteer opportunities for individuals and groups to get involved at our locations in San Diego, Escondido, and National City. We'll find the task that is perfect for you! No experience necessary!
Whether it's an entire day or just a few hours, one person, or a large group, the ReStore is a great place for volunteers to help support affordable housing efforts! Proceeds from the ReStore help build homes right here in San Diego County!
The ReStores are open Tuesday - Sunday. Volunteers can assist in the following ways:
Assisting truck driver on donation pickup routes
Assisting in the warehouse (inake of donations, engaging customers, and more!)
Helping with administrative tasks in the office
For more details about ReStore volunteer opportunities, please read these job descriptions.
If you are interested in volunteering on a regular basis, please contact Chris Orkwis at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 619-283-4663 x140.
Volunteers under 18 years of age must have a Minor Permission Form signed by their parent or guardian allowing them to work at the ReStore. Volunteers younger than 18 may not use power tools or work from a height of six feet more more. Chaperones are required for youth under 16 years of age.
For those volunteers under 16 years old, please contact Volunteer Manager Chris Orkwis at email@example.com for a youth activity.
We allow groups of 5-10 volunteers to work a 4-hour shift in the ReStores. Please contact Volunteer Manager Chris Orkwis at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule a group volunteer shift.
If you are a court-ordered volunteer, please click here for detailed information about how to volunteer in a ReStore.
DAY AT A GLANCE
Before you attend your first volunteer shift, please watch this brief orientation. Here you will find the information you need to prepare for your shift.
- Full day (10am - 6pm) and half day (10 am – 2 pm OR 2 pm – 6 pm) shifts are available and are flexible to fit your schedule.
- ReStore volunteer days are Tuesday – Sunday (closed Monday).
- No experience is required!
- The day begins with an orientation and tour of the ReStore.
- Wear closed toed shoes and comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- ReStore warehouses aren’t heated or cooled, so dress accordingly.
- Pack your own lunch and bring a water bottle.
- Tools and safety equipment are provided if needed.