The following positions are currently open. If you are interested in working with a dynamic team of committed colleagues and support the mission of Habitat for Humanity, take a look at the job descriptions! See below for details and instruction about how to apply.
San Diego Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Habitat was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, decent and affordable home to live in dignity and safety.
San Diego Habitat is the local affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International and serves the County of San Diego. San Diego Habitat is an autonomous, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. It is governed locally, raises funds locally, and builds locally.
San Diego Habitat for Humanity has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat welcomes employees, volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
Community Engagement Coordinator
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual with strong administrative and outreach skills to serve as the Community Engagement Coordinator and work with the Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) team to increase awareness, partnership and participation in all the NR initiatives.
Click here for full position description.
Email resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Construction Superintendent is responsible for all project related field supervision and provides overall onsite administrative and technical management of the construction project site. The duties of the construction supervisor include coordination of all field activities, including working with unskilled to skilled volunteers, while maintaining the project schedule and assuring quality control.
Click here for a full position description and application requirements.
Part Time ReStore Warehouse Associates
We are currently hiring part time ReStore Warehouse Associates. If you'd like to work in a dynamic retail environment while supporting the homebuilding mission of Habitat for Humanity, this is the position for you. See below for details and instructions about how to apply.
Applicants must indicate which location they wish to work:
- Central San Diego (MV/Kearny Mesa)
- National City
The successful candidate will be able to meet the demands of receiving donated and purchased product, loading and unloading trucks, assisting customers with their purchases, loading customers’ vehicles with items purchases.
- We conduct background checks.
- 24-28 hours per week/4 to 5 shifts @ 4 to 5 hours per shift
- Tuesday-Sunday 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Mission: San Diego Habitat for Humanity envisions a world where everyone has a decent place to live and brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- ReStore: Second-hand Home Improvement Store – sales go to build new homes and repair existing homes in San Diego County.
- Qualified individuals must be able to provide customers and donors with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service at all times.
- Must support and promote the mission of San Diego Habitat for Humanity to the highest standard of personal and professional integrity.
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to bend, reach, climb stairs and lift frequently
- Ability to be on your feet for up to 8 hours a day
- Retail/customer service experience strongly preferred
- Construction and home improvement experience a plus
- Ability to read, write and perform simple arithmetic
- Solid customer service and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and use of strong problem-solving skills
- Collaborate effectively with all members of the team, managers, coworkers, and volunteers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team, adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Must be able to deal with all kinds of individuals and remain consistent in keeping a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently and communicate effectively. Spanish proficiency a plus.
Click here for full position description
Click here to fill out an application.
Email completed application to email@example.com.
San Diego Habitat for Humanity is proud to host AmeriCorps Members! AmeriCorps is the national service initiative that provides community service opportunities to people of all ages and backgrounds. AmeriCorps is a 10-12 month volunteer service term.
Through their service, AmeriCorps members address critical needs in local communities. Habitat for Humanity works with AmeriCorps members to build homes and relationships with our families and volunteers.
There are no internship opportunities available at this time. Please check back again soon!