The first step in the Habitat homeownership application process is viewing our virtual orientation — you’ll learn about Habitat, our homeownership program, and how to apply to purchase your very own home.
We are currently selling six homes located on Harding Avenue and W. 18th Street in National City to qualified buyers. Applicants who are selected will be invited to partner with Habitat to help build and buy their home at an affordable price that will not be greater than 30% of the buyer’s household income. The houses for sale are attached row townhomes with garages. They each have three bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and are between 1,100 and 1,300 square feet in size.
To learn more about the homes and the community, click here.
To learn more about the process of purchasing a Habitat home, click here.
To learn more about how to qualify, click here for English and click here for Spanish.
If you are interested in applying, please follow these steps:
- REGISTER for the orientation in order to access it for viewing. Just click on the links here or below. The recording is being offered on demand in both English and Spanish.
- WATCH the homeownership orientation at your convenience, between 8am on Monday, July 19, 2021 and 11:59pm on Sunday, July 25, 2021. The links will be deactivated at the end of this viewing period.
- APPLY to purchase a Habitat home. Between July 20th and July 26th, you will be emailed a copy of Habitat’s homeownership application, along with detailed instructions on how to complete and submit it. Please note, you must register for and view the orientation to receive the application. Be sure to check your spam filters. If you do not receive an email with the application within 24 hours after you viewed the orientation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will have one week to complete the application, gather your documents, and mail your application package. Applications must be postmarked by Monday, August 2nd.
- 8am on July 19, 2021 through 11:59pm on July 25, 2021| Orientation is available for viewing.
- July 20, 2021 through July 26, 2021 | An application will be emailed to you the day after you view the orientation. Detailed submission information will be included.
- August 2, 2021 | Last day to mail complete application packages.
Have questions or need assistance? Please reach out to KC Clifford at email@example.com. Se habla español.